Understanding major developments in the international loan and bond markets is essential for any debt capital markets professional, and there has been plenty of big news in recent months. Rising interest rates have injected volatility into the global DCM markets, together with the continuous US-China tensions.
The ICMA Women's Network teamed up with the APLMA’s Women in the Loan Market Asia (WILMA) to present an in-person seminar on Debt Capital Markets, where the speakers covered the following areas:
- What are the differences between the bond and loan markets?
- What is the state of play in the Asian DCM markets?
- How do investors react to green and sustainability-linked related products? How does it affect the terms and pricing?
- Will the market continue to be volatile? What is the outlook for the loan and bond market for the rest of this year?
- Are there any personal stories to tell? Are the skillsets transferable from the bond market to the loan market or vice versa?
About ICMA Women’s Network (IWN)
The ICMA Women’s Network (IWN) provides a global, impartial and open forum to encourage, support and inspire women at all stages of their career and to further the aim of gender equality within the bond markets. The IWN is open to all employees of ICMA member firms with active IWN committees operating in over twelve regions worldwide. Through a combination of live events and online content, the IWN delivers practical workshops and hosts discussions on relevant issues to foster inclusion between colleagues of different generations and level of seniority throughout the industry.
About APLMA Women in the Loan Market Asia (WILMA)
The APLMA WILMA is a professional networking forum for women in the loan market. Intended to extend and strengthen connections throughout the industry, the WILMA network organises professional development opportunities for women in the loan market, allowing for the transfer of knowledge and best practices through pooling women members’ expertise in the loan syndication market.
Mushtaq Kapasi, Managing Director and Chief Representative for Asia-Pacific, ICMA
Moderator: Anita Yu, Director, Syndicated Finance, ING Bank and APLMA WILMA Chair